The Above MS™ program from Biogen is here for patients with tips, tools, and information for their relapsing multiple sclerosis—and so much more.
Whether your patients are just starting therapy or have been on therapy for a while, Nurse Educators are there to provide additional support for patients and their care partners and answer questions they may have. Along with you, Nurse Educators can offer patients ongoing support throughout therapy.
Nurse Educators can be a great resource for your patients. However, your patients should always come to you with any questions related to their relapsing MS and their treatment.
Nurse Educators are available throughout the United States, as needed, to offer phone counseling:
- Nurse Educators can provide additional support regarding your patients’ questions about relapsing MS, common symptoms, and side effects
- Nurse Educators can provide your patients with support through relapsing MS education, help them plan for their next doctor visit, and connect them with the services and support that are available to them. Your patients can call 1-800-456-2255 to connect with a Nurse Educator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
About Nurse Educators:
- Biogen wants patients to feel confident that the additional educational support they may choose to receive is from nurses who are knowledgeable and highly educated in MS and many are MS certified or working toward their MS certification. A Nurse Educator can help your patients by sharing information on the services and support available to them
- These nurses are available day or night. They are familiar with the challenges your patients may be facing with relapsing MS, as well as how to support them throughout their journey
As your patients continue on a relapsing MS therapy as prescribed by you, they may need extra support. For patients taking a Biogen relapsing MS treatment, our Support Coordinators can help them understand and access the resources they may need along their journey with relapsing MS.
The Support Coordinators from Biogen offer a broad range of services:
- General relapsing MS information
- One-on-one relapsing MS support over the phone
- Tips to support living with relapsing MS
- Insurance Benefit Investigation and researching financial assistance options
- Recommendations for free educational events in their area that allow your patients to learn from experts and other people living with relapsing MS
- Follow-up calls as necessary
People living with relapsing MS are not alone with support from the Peer Community from Biogen.
Relapsing MS may change the way your patients manage their lives, but it doesn’t have to change their outlook on life. Patients can search our Peer Community and find someone who knows what it’s like to live with relapsing MS. Call 1-800-456-2255.
Financial & Insurance Support
Get financial and insurance support for your patients’ relapsing MS treatment. The AboveMS™ program from Biogen gives patients access to Support Coordinators who can help them understand their insurance coverage and try to identify the best financial assistance solution for them. Our goal is that no one has to forego treatment based solely on financial limitations.
Financial and insurance services include:
- Benefit Investigation to clarify your patients’ coverage options
- Insurance counseling to help patients understand their coverage, along with help navigating changes due to the healthcare reform law
- $0 Copay Program with no income requirements and no enrollment time limit for eligible patients.a Patients can call 1-800-456-2255 to see if they’re eligible
- Copay Assistance Program for eligible patientsb
- Free Drug Program for eligible patients in need
- Support finding assistance through charitable organizations
aDepending on patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that they can receive over one year. Federal and state laws and other factors may prevent or otherwise restrict eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll.
bPatients will be responsible for any cost associated with their infusion above the $100 per infusion assistance provided by the program. In order to participate in the program and get assistance, they must still meet the following requirements:
- Patients have a financial responsibility or copay for their infusion
- Patients are not a resident of Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, or Rhode Island
- Patients are not covered by any federal healthcare program, like Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or TRICARE®, and/or state medical or pharmaceutical assistance programs. Patients agree to tell Biogen immediately if they obtain coverage through programs listed above
- Patients are using TYSABRI as described in the FDA-approved label
TRICARE is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.
$0 Copay Program
With the $0 Copay Programa from Biogen, your patients pay $0 a month for their relapsing MS medication if eligible.
The $0 Copay Program has:
- No income requirementsa—eligible patients can enroll in the $0 Copay Program regardless of income
- No time limit—your patients can re-enroll every year for as long as they’re taking the medication
- No waiting—your patients’ specialty pharmacies can enroll them immediately into the program so they can get their relapsing MS medication right away
a$0 Copay details and eligibility:
- Please note that the $0 Copay Program provides a monthly supply of relapsing MS medication. Your patients are eligible to enroll in the $0 Copay Program for as long as they are treated with a Biogen relapsing MS medication
- Federal and state laws may prevent eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll. In addition, some insurance providers may prevent eligibility or restrict eligibility to people with demonstrated financial need. If your patients are not eligible or not sure of their eligibility, they should call 1-800-456-2255. There are charitable programs and even a free drug program sponsored by Biogen that may be able to help your patients with the cost
Depending on your patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that your patients can receive during a year.