TYSABRI DOSING AND ADMINISTRATION
TYSABRI is administered through IV infusion
every 4 weeks.
- TYSABRI is administered as a 300-mg IV infusion once every 4 weeks over approximately 1 hour, followed by a 1-hour observation
- Because of the risk of PML, TYSABRI is available only through a special restricted distribution program called the TOUCH® Prescribing Program
TYSABRI IV Infusion Guidelines: A Helpful Guide
The TYSABRI Infusion Guidelines for Multiple Sclerosis is a useful resource that provides helpful information concerning:
- The Infusion Process
- Infusion and Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Special Considerations for Patients with MS
- The TOUCH® Prescribing Program
- Important Safety Information
- MS ActiveSource® Support
Click here to download.
Assessing the Risk of PML
A test that screens for and confirms the presence of anti-JC virus antibodies is recommended for patients receiving or considering TYSABRI.
- Data on file, Biogen Idec.